The Traveling Wilburys Sessions
SATURDAY 13 NOVEMBER from 5PM
HPAC is delighted to bring to Hamilton the first outdoor live music concert in the region since the pandemic began; live music by a talented local musician followed by an epic tribute to The Traveling Wilburys!
Enjoy food, drinks and entertainment on the lush lawns of the Hamilton Racecourse in this one-off show; the first time ever HPAC has taken over this venue for a special event.
The Traveling Wilburys was one of the world’s original supergroups, with their star-studded line-up rocking audiences from 1988.
Any band in which Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne are the ‘unknowns’ would have to be very special. George Harrison, Bob Dylan and Roy Orbison are giants of popular music who completed this magical lineup. They are adored by all generations of music lovers.
Their songs have now been re-imagined for Australian concert audiences.
Live music and refreshments in a sunset performance for all ages; it doesn’t get much better.
Music director Sam See has assembled some of Australia’s favourite musicians to reimagine the Traveling Wilburys’ great hits and breathe new life into some of the individual artists' favourite songs. Together they create an unforgettable experience featuring sensational vocals, knockout harmonies and gargantuan guitar work as they pay tribute to the Wilburys and its superstar members.
A little about the artists:
- James Black, keyboardist, guitarist and music director of The RocKwiz Orkestra has played with rock royalty Mondo Rock and The Black Sorrows.
- Lindsay Field sings with John Farnham and has performed with Jimmy Barnes, Glenn Shorrock, Olivia Newton-John and Renee Geyer.
- Sam See, music director, guitarist and a founding member of Sherbet, has played with and been music director for John Farnham, Brian Cadd and Steve Vizard’s Tonight Live.
- Glyn Mason has sung and played with Brian Cadd, Chain, Ariel and Copperwine. Lindsay, Sam and Glyn are well known on Melbourne’s acoustic rock scene as Field, See & Mason.
- Angus Burchall drums with John Farnham and Olivia Newton-John.
- Paul Cartwright on bass has played with Glenn Shorrock, David Bridie and Wendy Matthews.
Gates: Open at 4pm, Entry via Main Entrance on Cavendish Rd
Tickets: Will be available at the gate, subject to availability. Contactless payments via card only, cash not accepted.
Support Act: 5pm to 5.30pm (come back and check out who it will be!)
Seating: Please BYO picnic blankets and chairs.
Food and Drinks: A great selection will be available for purchase at the racecourse, please do not BYO. Water and food for children, and special meals for a medical diet will be permitted.
Cancellation Policy: In the case of severe weather or COVID restrictions, a decision will be made no later than 2 hours prior should the concert need to be postponed or cancelled. Full refunds or exchanges will be available. All ticketholders will be notified by SMS where possible. Please also check our socials for any updates.
COVIDsafe: This is a COVIDsafe event. Please adhere to restrictions in place at the time of the event, and be advised that entry will be refused for non-compliant ticketholders.
Access & Inclusion: This is an accessible, inclusive event for all abilities and demographics. If you need assistance booking in or accessing the venue, please let us know when booking your ticket, or contact us directly.
- 13 November 2021
- 165 minutes
- 5:00 pm
- Hamilton Racecourse
- Outdoor Space
- Suitable Ages 15+